Xbox Live Arcade favourite Castle Crashers will debut on Steam soon according to developer Behemoth.
Originally released in 2008 to universal praise, a PC version has long been mooted, and it's finally been confirmed, with Behemoth art director Dan Paladin commemorating the announcement with a poem:
"While BattleBlock has been churning, there's another wheel turning! And that wheel is Castle Crashers running on Steam!"
"It was accomplished by utilizing one of our programming teams! We always liked this platform so it's kind of a dream!"
"I'd say a release date but the future's unknown. If I make a mistake I shall never atone."
"If you're in Germany this weekend please say hi to John. He is presenting our Steam game at Gamescom. If you're extra nice maybe a hands on!"
"Schnell! Schnell! And Fare thee well!"
Castle Crashers Steam Features:
- Integrated voice chat
- Steam Achievements
- Gamepad support
- Steam Cloud Support
- Local and Online Multiplayer
- Colorful hand drawn 2D visuals!
- Over 30 levels plus five arena modes
- Unlock more than 25 characters and over 40 weapons!
- Intuitive combo and magic system: Unlock an arsenal of new attacks as your character progresses through the game.
- Experience system: Level up your character and adjust Strength, Magic, Defense, and Agility.
- Animal orbs: These adorable little companions each add different abilities to aid you on your journey
- Arena mode: Battle other players in free-for-all or team matches with four unique modes to choose from!
Insane Mode: Test your skills in the ultimate campaign challenge.