’s show is jinxed, telly chiefs fear — because so many guests hit setbacks after they appear.
Former boxer Frank Bruno
(50) went into rehab after opening his heart to the UTV star and Corrie icon Bill Roach
(79) is currently in hospital with pneumonia.
The “Curse of Piers” also struck singer Cheryl Cole
(28) who boasted of her rise on his high-rating show and was then dumped from X Factor USA.
Baywatch hunk David Hasselhoff
(59) was not asked back to Britain’s Got Talent after going on Life Stories.
And glamour girl Katie Price
(33) saw her marriage to cage-fighter Alex Reid
(36) crumble after her one-to-one in 2009.
Other victims include comic Russell Brand
(36), who split with singer Katy Perry
(27), and Dannii Minogue
(40) — who lost her marriage and X Factor job after appearing.
Going on the show also signalled the end for 51-year-old Carol Vorderman
’s relationship with partner Des Kelly
(47) last year.
A TV source said: “Piers’s record is worrying. There is huge concern in the business. It’s being called the Curse of Piers.”
Psychologists have noted in the past that the stress of a TV interview can bring mental issues to the surface.