A student who sustained severe head injuries in a row outside Boyzone star Mikey Graham’s
home has initiated legal proceedings against the singer in the High Court.
Records obtained by The Star yesterday show Paul O’Hara issued legal proceedings against Graham (39) last December 22, reports Patrick O’Connell.
Should the case go to full hearing, both men will more than likely be required to testify as to their recollection of the events in the early hours of April 30 in which Mr O’Hara was injured.
The engineering student spent six days in intensive care after the incident at the front gates of the house in Lusk, Dublin. Mr O’Hara (22) was taken to Dublin’s Beaumont Hospital after the incident and spent a week recovering. He underwent intensive speech therapy after being discharged from hospital.
He claimed he was struck over the head with a cricket bat after Graham’s buzzer was pressed a number of times. Graham was in his home watching TV with his wife Karen Corradi and his two daughters when the intercom at the front gate started buzzing.
Sources said Graham said he was put in fear for his personal safety and that of his family by the manner in which the buzzer was being pressed. Mr O’Hara’s mother made a formal complaint to gardai following the incident. Graham is understood to have formally complained about the behavior of a group of people who had been buzzing his intercom.
The Star revealed in October
that the DPP had decided no criminal charges would be brought against Graham
. The singer bought his luxurious Lusk home thanks to the millions he has earned topping the charts with Boyzone. He also starred in TV shows - most notably Dancing On Ice.