Warnings issued against leaving devices plugged in after fire

News

Warnings issued against leaving devices plugged in after fire

Dublin Fire Brigade has warned people about the dangers of leaving devices plugged after a fire broke out in a house in Dublin this morning.

It is believed that the fire was started by a phone charger that was left on the bed. A bedroom in a house in Castleknock was badly damaged in the blaze. Thankfully, none of the house’s occupants were injured.

The fire brigade said that this incident highlights the dangers of leaving devices plugged in for long periods of times and near textiles. The Dublin Fire Brigade posted a tweet that said, “It'll never happen to me! Well it did this morning in west Dublin, fire caused by phone charger overheating. Beware.”



Warnings issued against leaving devices plugged in after fire on ClickOnline.com
About this author

mark@clickonline.com
Staff Writer
Recent Articles by this author
11 February, 2016
UFC players who enjoyed being able to compete as Bruce Lee in the octagon will be...
11 February, 2016
The LG G5 has been put through its paces by Geekbench and it looks like it's...
11 February, 2016
WhatsApp version 2.12.441 is rolling out now, complete with new emoji and a reorganised...
11 February, 2016
XCOM 2 has been out for less than a week and there have been 4.5 million casualties...